Tuesday 2 October 2012

10 Ways to Look After Your Mental Health - Number 6!

KEEP ACTIVE Experts believe exercise releases chemicals in your brain that make you feel good. Regular exercise can boost your self-esteem and help you concentrate, sleep, look and feel better. Exercise also keeps the brain and your other vital organs healthy. “I get a huge buzz from my rock ’n’ roll class. Hours later, my legs ache, but I’m still smiling.” Exercising doesn’t just mean doing sport or going to the gym. Walks in the park, gardening or housework can also keep you active. Experts say most people should do about 30 minutes’ exercise at least five days a week. Try to make physical activity that you enjoy a part of your day. “It’s increased my confidence, as I’ve proved to myself that I can do things, and I’m also much fitter and have lost weight. We always have a lot of fun.” All of these tips have come from the Mental Health Foundation and can be found here http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/help-information/10-ways-to-look-after-your-mental-health -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Zest run over 50 activities a week throughout North Manchester - a lot of them physical activity. So get down to a Zest session, get moving and get happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment